cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 firmware 1.3.1.10 - NO RELEASE NOTES???

aforster.home
Level 1
Level 1

I just noticed Cisco released version 1.3.1.10 for rv320 and rv325, but the release notes and open source documentation ARE NOT in the Release Notes page at http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/routers/small-business-rv-series-routers/products-release-notes-list.html

Could someone please take a look?  How come we would upgrade the device without any documentation about this new release?

Thank you.

63 Replies 63

Just saw 1.3.1.12 posted, but no release notes. Is this the replacement for 1.3.1.10?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/routers/rv320-dual-gigabit-wan-vpn-router/model.html#~tab-downloads

Yes it is.. And, the release notes should be up shortly.

Thanks

Glenn

I posted above in the thread, but I'll post again here, since it is breaking pages now.

The release notes are not listed in the "release notes" page, but the PDF file is there already:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv320/release_notes/rv32x_relnote_v1_3_1_12.pdf

I got fed up with 1.3.1.10 crashing on my own network doing only very basic routing functions (even retail routers are more stable in this scenario), so I downgraded it to 1.2.1.x and swapped it out for a Ubiquiti product until Cisco gets their act together on this product as well.

Ironically 1.3.1.12 was released about a week after I did that, but not fixing their bugs / not releasing their firmware within promised timeframes and then dating the downloads to appear that they did is rather sad behaviour and making a lot of us look elsewhere.

tl;dr Firmware 1.3.1.10 removed due to unexplained "technical issues". Expect firmware 1.3 to be restored in the next 3 to 4 weeks (hopefully with an explanation).

From Cisco technical support:

"Based on your request I got the response from the escalation team and they confirmed due to some technical issues Latest Firmware 1.3.1.10 has been removed from the Cisco site and work is in progress and will restore the updated firmware version by next 3 to 4 weeks. Hence in the mean time if you are facing issue with this latest firmware kindly downgrade to old firmware version 1.2.1.14 and check for the status and let us know if issue still persists so that I can assist you accordingly.

Note: Before proceed with downgrade please take the backup configuration of router as the configuration will erased to default during the downgrade. Later you can restore the backup file after downgrade."

After more than a year struggling to make my RV320 to work in spite of the total lack of care and support from Cisco, I gave up. This is very sad, because when I bought this device I was sure it would be the best option. But I was wrong. 

Today I started learning how to configure my new Mikrotik Cloud switch with 1mW wireless radio, 24 Gigabit ports and a SFP interface. I'll probably start migrating everything to the new device tomorrow. 

It was 5 weeks ago. Where is new firmware?

Cisco team are dead like their damned firmware.

Im very happy with my rv320 on the trash pile while my new mikrotik router runs perfectly.

I'd suggest the same solution to you guys. The mikrotik has 24 gigs, wireless, implements even MPLS, VPN, BGP, cheaper, and works perfectly.

Andrew, maybe you something know about new firmware?

Thanks. 

P.S. ******** Cisco!

I wish I did. It's been 6 weeks and nothing. We're still running 1.2 here. Sorry.

We are working diligently to release the next version of firmware for the RV32x platforms, and apologize for any confusion or issues that you have experienced relating to the removal of the firmware.  Unfortunately the firmware will be released a bit later than what was indicated in our firmware removal announcement (located here), but should be released in the next couple of weeks.  We will post an announcement of its release on this chain as well as a general announcement in this forum when it is released.  For any technical issues, please utilize the forum to post your queries in a separate posting or contact TAC using the Small Business Support Resource information for your region.

"but should be released in the next couple of weeks"

19 days ago. no new firmware. Amazing! Bravo, Cisco! Thank you for great customer support!

26 days, no new firmware. Mr. Glenn Martin, where are you?

hello Alexey_s1, 

I replied above, I've been told will engineering is in a one week test cycle, so I should know something by next week. I do again apologize for the delay.