cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 Problems

chrisw
Level 1
Level 1
Firmware Version:v1.3.2.02 (2016-09-23, 15:17:06) About once a week our VPN (Gateway-Gateway) link goes down undetected by the RV320 on each end. Disconnect and Connect fails to work and the router must be restarted. The second problem is System Management/Restart does not actually restart the router (as of 1.3.2) meaning we have to physically reset the unit. Any updates coming, I've been waiting. Thanks Chris Woodrow
2 Replies 2

cbjwthwm
Level 1
Level 1

I just tried the restart function on my RV320 and it worked fine, although it was programmed from scratch on the current firmware and was not an upgraded config from a previous version etc.  Maybe the reboot issue only occurs after extended runtime or is specific to having an active VPN gateway?

I've started a bug thread for this router of easily reproducible problems for Cisco to address here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13325941/rv320-firmware-13202-bug-list

Thanks, You could be right, trying a restart now works fine.

Of course normally when I try a restart is when the VPN is dead.

This does lead to a question on resource leaking or some similar issue.

Not sure 6-20 days before a VPN crashes fits into your definition of easily reproducible problems.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: