Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 Router: Adding a wireless access point for wireless printer

Jowatana1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am trying to add a Linksys ea6350 wireless router to the RV 325 router with the goal of having a wireless printer on the network. I can connect wirelessly to the router and access the internet; PC's that are on the wireless router can find the printer and print. However, PCs that connected to the RV via LAN cannot. I am assuming that this has to do with how the traffic from the wireless router is handled and that basically at the moment both routers are functioning as two separate networks. 

Is this something that can be remedied from the Cisco router side? Or the Linksys? Or Both?

Thank you

4 Replies 4

Michiel Beenen
Level 3
Level 3

Though I have no clue on the linksys wireless products, I do have good experience with the Cisco Small business WAP 371 access points that work perfectly with the RV320/325 routers. Have implemented a whole bunch of that combination and it's working perfectly fine.

Hi Jow, it sounds like you have this EA router connecting through the WAN port going in to your RV router, that would make the most sense because it would NAT your connection, allowing you to wirelessly connect but your LAN connection to the RV325 not working.

If you want to fix this, move your connect from the EA router on to a "LAN port", disable the DHCP server then make sure it is on the same IP subnet as the RV325  and just let it broadcast the wireless signal. The EA router LAN ports are normal switch port so it will work ok.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Jowatana1, you would need an access point to connect to your RV 325 router and not another router as this would work on two separate networks. for more information please feel free to send me an email at fguasque@cisco.com  hope to hear from you soon!

bsiapco
Level 1
Level 1

Jowatana1,

May I know what happened with this requirement? Any decision made between adding a Linksys ea6350 or a Cisco Small Business WAP371 access points? I've also got  3 more wireless access points model that can actually FIT on your needs. Kindly send me an email at (bsiapco@cisco.com) for further assistance.

Thanks!

Barry