Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 Inter-VLAN issue

Predrog
Level 1
Level 1

Helo

I have a Inter-VLAN problem with a RV345.
VLAN1 192.168.1.1/24 DHCP cable on cable. And a Bizhub 223 printer/scanner.

VLAN2 192.168.2.1/24 DHCP almost everything on wifi (A VELOP AC6600 in bridge mode) Port 1 and 14 is tagged to this.
InterVLAN is on on both.

Can't ping anything inter-VLAN besides the Router. And if I try to connect to the shared folders from VLAN1 i reach 1 of 2 laptop on VLAN2 though the windows list both of them.
The problem is the network printer which try to send the scan with SMB v1/v2 can't reach none of them on VLAN2. All computer on VLAN1 and VLAN2 can print.

I tried to connect my laptop with cable. If it use the VLAN1 it works. But if I use port 14. and get IP from the VLAN2 it doesn't.

Any idea why it is not work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

just quetions - is the inter vlan ping and others working (except windows share  ?)

if inter-vlan not working you need to fix that :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/1393-Inter-VLAN-Routing-with-Targeted-ACL-Restrictions.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

just quetions - is the inter vlan ping and others working (except windows share  ?)

if inter-vlan not working you need to fix that :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/1393-Inter-VLAN-Routing-with-Targeted-ACL-Restrictions.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Nope. Ping doesnt work inter-VLAN. "Request timed out".
And VLAN-s are configured that way.
image.png

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Predrog

If you follow the steps in the link that balaji provided below you would have no issues. Double-check your end devices for firewall/windows defender or/and any antivirus software what might have a firewall and prevent Inter-VLAN communication. 

Regards,

Martin