cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 WAN Bridge Bug?

JB3643
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco RV345, firmware 1.0.03.26, running WAN1 in bridge mode to ATT BGW320 gateway with 1Gbps internet connection. WAN2 is static IP mode from separate internet connection. LAN has 2 VLANs where one has IP info matching the bridged LAN from the ATT gateway and the other VLAN is unique private range. Have RV345 scheduled for weekly reboot. After reboot max internet speed (measured by wire connected device on "bridged VLAN LAN port" of RV345) is roughly 50% of the normal speed (~1Gbps). RV345 shows 1Gbps and full duplex on the WAN port. QOS is set for factory default (no limiting). Can correct problem by disconnect/reconnect cable to WAN port; speed instantly goes back up to normal level. I'm thinking this is a bug in the RV345 firmware ... anyone else seen this or venture to test it on your setup? For me it is consistently repeatable.

5 Replies 5

CoreyP319
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not aware of this being an known issue. Is the throughput affected or is it just the measurement of the throughput?

There is a firmware update to version 1.0.03.27, which is available from yesterday. The release notes don't indicate any fix for this, so more of a heads up.

It appears WAN<>LAN throughput is degraded when this occurs. I'm checking it with a speed test. How can I report this issue?

There is bug with WAN traffic on firmware 1.0.03.26. 

As Corey advise you I also recommend you to upgrade firmware version to 1.0.03.27 in which this bug should be fixed.

JB3643
Level 1
Level 1

I updated to latest firmware. My initial tests show the issue is worse with the new firmware (speed is reduced to around 30-40%). I'll do more comprehensive testing over the next week or so to confirm.

Hi there,

Have you tried to reset the router after the firmware upgrade? Is the  router connected to a  modem?