Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access C1111-8p with web password

bakerjw
Level 1
Level 1

Good day, all.

We have a fresh out of the box C1111-8P router. I am attached to the console and have completed the basic configuration which is  a fairly straightforward process. In following the manual Chapter: Setting Up Factory Default Device Using Web UI, I used it as a guideline for configuring GigabitEthernet0/0/1.

I skipped the DHCP as I have an isolated network segment to work with in my test network and set the IP address to 192.168.255.10/24 as it fits into one of my test subnets well enough to get started.

I got to the point where I am able to access the router at https://192.168.255.10. When I entered the default username and password as entered in the basic setup (admin cisco) I received a wrong credentials error.

I ran setup again and this time entered a more complex password for the admin account, did a copy running start and tried again  using the new password and again got a wrong credential error. A power cycle made no difference. The console shows the following error.
%WEBSERVER-5-LOGIN_FAILED: R0/0: : Login Un-Successful from host 192.168.255.23

Any ideas? 

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

make sure password correct.

username admin privilege 15 password 0 default

Enter the default username (admin) and the password as default

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

My running configuration contains the line.

username admin privilege 15 password 0 =Access09252023

That was not being accepted.

may be try simple password with out "="

BB

bakerjw
Level 1
Level 1

I tried simple as well as complex. In the end, I reset to factory and was able to get things mostly working.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Sometimes it is just better to start from scratch.

yes that would be wise idea.

BB