cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN routing over 3 RV320 routers

George Tan
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 RV320 configured as a Hub & spoke VPN configuration. All gateway to gateway VPN setup

All 3 RVs have direct internet access as they are configured to be gateway rather than router.

The issue I am encountering is the 2 spokes can't see each other but both can see the hub.

What do I need to configure on spoke RV to create a route to reach the other spoke RV and vice versa.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, most definitely.

You can create a mesh VPN network and all devices should be able to talk to each other. The best part is that, this type of setup is supported so if you run into any issues we can definitely help you.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

I'm sorry but this is just not a supported configuration as the small business routers are no meant to have this functionality.

If you are set you want to try it, you can try and configure routes on the two "spoke" routers pointing the remote traffic to the IP address of the Hub but I don't think it will work.

I hope this helps clarifying the features of the router itself.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. 

What if I set the 3 RVs as a MESH topology (VPN) ? Will it solve the issue I am encountering ?

Thanks. 

Yes, most definitely.

You can create a mesh VPN network and all devices should be able to talk to each other. The best part is that, this type of setup is supported so if you run into any issues we can definitely help you.

I hope this helps.

I have the same problem.. how work the MESH topology ?

Hello, 

What we refer to when talking about a mesh topology is to create VPN tunnels between all the routers so that there are routes or paths for all networks.

This means that if you have 4 routers, every router should have 3 VPN connections, 1 for every other router.

Take a look at the image (that i got from Google) so that it is more clear. 

Please. don't forget to grade the answer or mark it as correct if it was helpful for you so that other can benefit from it.

Don't hesitate to ask any more questions

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

This is interesting because on the rv016s I have, I don't need to do anything for the routing to take place on the hub.

Like has been suggested, you can probably play with routes, and maybe even the tunnel to get it to work. 

The problem is right now that each spoke is trying to forward traffic bound for the other spoke to the Internet.  With a static route destined for the hub, it should work.  This would be less work than setting up all the tunnels for a true mesh.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com