Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN connection to 1 specific LAN RV320

marius00111
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have one cisco RV320, I use 2 wan connections with different isp.

It is possible to go out just with one ISP to one of the 4 LAN ports ?

I need one specific LAN port to have internet connection just from a specific wan1 or wan 2, and the other lan ports to use load balancing feature.

It is possible?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello, 

Thank you for the information.

After reviewing the diagram, it seems that what you need is to create 2 Protocol bindings, one on the 2 router and the other one on the first router so that the traffic can be pointed out of the right ISP.

Unfortunately, this is not supported as the routers were not designed to work like this so there is no way to guarantee that the traffic on the second router will go out the right ISP on the first one but we can try.

Please let me know if it worked.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

The RV320 has a feature called Protocol Binding that will allow you to link a single or a range of IP addresses on the LAN to use a specific WAN connection for an specific protocol. 

Here is a document on how to configure such feature:

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=d6c17b6ee53141f59ae03c6defeb20cb_Dual_WAN_Configuration_on_RV320_Router.xml&pid=2&respid=0&snid=4&dispid=0&cpage=search

If what you are intending to do is to force, lets say a range of IP addresses on the LAN to only use WAN 1 as the outbound connection for all the traffic, then you want to configure the protocol binding as follows:

Service = Any

Source IP: Beginning of the range or single address

to: End of range or singe address

Destination IP: 0.0.0.0 (Anywhere on the internet)

to: 0.0.0.0 (Anywhere on the internet)

Interface: WAN 1

Please remember that you can Bind the protocols via IP addresses and no specific LAN ports.

I hope this helps

Please don't forget to mark the answer as correct or grade it if it was helpful to you so that other members can benefit from it.

Thanks for your reply, I already try that without succes.

My office use 2 Cisco RV320 with 3 ISP , In one room I have 1 Rv 320 with 2 ISP ( will call it 1st router) and in other room i have 1 RV320 with 1 ISP (will call it 2st router). 

I connect a cable bettwen routers, from the one with 2 isp (1st router) i want to connect to the other router wan(2st router) but with spcific ISP .

So i go out with cable from 1st router lan to 2st router wan, i did exactly as you told me but it seems it not work. The 2st router use just the wan where is the ISP, and few services as youtube, chat, etc is not connecting when in load balancing.

Hello, 

Thank you for the reply, unfortunately I think the configuration that you are trying to do is not supported, but in order to be sure that I understand what you are trying to do, it would be really helpful if you ca provide us with a network topology showing all the connections and the expected outcome.

Also, what is the purpose of this type of configuration? It seems you are trying to use 3 ISP's as opposed to the supported limit of two on these devices. We do have a unit that will be capable of handling up to 7 ISP connections at the same time and it is the RV016, here is the data sheet:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/rv016-multi-wan-vpn-router/data_sheet_c78-501223.html

Please let us now what you think and try to send a complete topology to help you better.

attached is the network topology,  

So the expected outcome should be: 

1st router as it is with 2 wan for ISP A + ISP B

2st router with ISP C + ISP A from the 1st router.

ISP A - 1000Mbps

ISP B - 100Mbps

ISP C - 100Mbps

So i will have 2 routers with 2 connection each of 100 Mbps and 1 connection shared of 1000 Mbps for both routers.

Hope is clear now :)

Thanks

Hello, 

Thank you for the information.

After reviewing the diagram, it seems that what you need is to create 2 Protocol bindings, one on the 2 router and the other one on the first router so that the traffic can be pointed out of the right ISP.

Unfortunately, this is not supported as the routers were not designed to work like this so there is no way to guarantee that the traffic on the second router will go out the right ISP on the first one but we can try.

Please let me know if it worked.

This helped me (and my Cisco RV325) quite a bit. Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: