Views
Helpful
Replies

2 remote locations, 2 MPLS links between

Damir Reic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

maybe this is simple question for someone with MPLS experience. I have 2 locations that are connected with 2 MPLS links by 2 different ISPs. Some services go over one link, some over another link to remote location. I presume there is a static route on each server with next hop 1st or 2nd MPLS router so that's how traffic is divided. Let's presume that is truth and when 1 MPLS link goes down services on that link become unavailable. It's obvious i need to use dynamic routing protocol so path is corrected when one of the links go down. Also i need to make sure that after that broken link is restored previous path is auto restored. Which routing protocol should i implement?

31 Replies 31

Yes, so its this command that is key (set ip next-hop verify-availability y.y.y.y track 1)

When the ip sla tracking cannot get to the router on the other side (where you specify icmp-echo x.x.x.x) tracking state changes to 'down'. Then the PBR will become inactive, and will take paths chosen by the routing table. As soon as the tracking state changes to up, PBR is switched on again. Kind of like a on off switch for PBR.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

I learned alot from this

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card