cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811's with HWIC-2SHDSL S2S WAN

jeff_turl
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone assist, i have a pair of 2811's both with HWIC-2SHDSL cards in slot 0. I am trying to configure the routers for use with BT Baseband premier (https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Products/Data/Analogue_Private_Circuits.html#)  a 4 wire copper service between two sites on the same telephone exachange.

I found the following article that says how i can set this up (although they use WIC-1SHDSL-V2):

http://www.philb.org/blog/2011/03/configuration-de-routeurs-cisco-en-back-to-back-shdsl/

It seems very straight forward, and in theory it should be.

However when i am in controller shdsl 0/0/0 i only get the following commands:

Controller configuration commands:

default      Set a command to its defaults

description  Controller specific description

dsl-group    Configure the DSL group

exit         Exit from controller configuration mode

help         Description of the interactive help system

no           Negate a command or set its defaults

in the article i need to set the CO end and the CPE end (which i am familiar with setting on non Cisco equipment), however the line-term and mode commands are not available.  Am i using the wrong IOS/feature set?

sh ver:

flash:c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-22.T.bin

Or is this HWIC just not able to do what i want?

Regards

Jeff

1 Reply 1

jeff_turl
Level 1
Level 1

I finally realised that i had the wrong cards, i am now using WIC-1SHDSL-v3, i am now able to setup the required config.

The only problem i have now, is i can configure the dsl cards to operate in 2 wire mode and will happily work at a speed of 2.3mbps.  It works fine on both pair-zero and pair-one for both routers.

However, i would like to use both pairs to get the max speed of 4.6mbps, here is my config:

controller DSL 0/0/0

mode atm

line-term co

line-mode 4-wire standard

dsl-mode shdsl symmetric annex A

line-rate 4608

!

interface ATM0/0/0

ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.252

no atm ilmi-keepalive

pvc 0/32

encapsulation aal5snap

However, when trying to use 4wire either standard or enhanced, the sh controllers dsl the status goes between training and handshake continutally.  it never actually completes.  i have not changed the cable at all, i can go back to 2 wire mode and it connects straight away. 

Is there somehting i am missing to correctly setup the 4 wire mode?

Regards

Jeff

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card