Views
Helpful
Replies

3560-X PBR with verify-availability

Scott McAndrew
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I've been tearing my hair out with our shiney new 3560-X (IP services).

I'm trying to implement PBR, but to prevent traffic from being black-holed I need to verify availability of the next hop which I'm setting.

I won't waste time explaining our topology as that isn't relevant here, the issue I'm having is I can't apply the route-map to my layer 3 interface. This is the same error from the older 3560s:

%PLATFORM_PBR-3-UNSUPPORTED_RMAP: Route-map MAP1 not supported for Policy-Based Routing

I have already set 'sdm prefer routing' and reloaded the switch. As mentioned I already have IP services and actually I'm running the very latest IOS (I won't in production, but I wanted to get the latest features for this test).

I can confirm if I take 'set ip next-hop verify-availability' out of the route map (leaving 'set ip next-hop x.x.x.x') it works.

Basically I know there's a hardware limitation for the older 3560, but come on, this brand new 3560-X 'all singing, all dancing' platform can't support a very simple test of it's next hop in a route map? That is ludicrous! Doing that test is laughably simple compared to running dynamic routing protocols, whilst performing route redsitribution for example, which it is capable of doing.

Can someone in Cisco confirm if this is indeed still the same hardware limitation?

Kind regards,

Scott

1 Reply 1

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

According to this http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/15.0_2_se/configuration/guide/swuncli.html, it's unsupported.

Unsupported Route Map Commands

set ip next-hop verify-availability

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card