Helpful
Replies

Add "NEW" GigabitEthernet on router | Packet Tracer 7.3.1

Fotit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I try to build a OSPF Lab

Routers (like 2901) has two ports G by default, but i need to add two other ports (G)

so i insert two  HWIC-1GE-SFP, then power on the router

When i attempt to plug cable, i see only the defaults ports !!

The new ports are "on", i don't understand the problem?

If you have answer please.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Probably a bug in this version of PT;  Lots of issues or 7.3 on MACs and Linux. what is your OS ?

btw.  PT 8 is out now ; you should use PT 8 from now on ! 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

Hello,

it used to be that the only PT router you could add another L3 interface to was the 4331. You need to add a GLC-T to the empty slot in the lower right corner (there are four empty slots). I have attached a file with two 4331 routers, each with an additional interface.

If you need more, I think your only option is to use a 3650 and make the ports 'no switchport' ports...

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Probably a bug in this version of PT;  Lots of issues or 7.3 on MACs and Linux. what is your OS ?

btw.  PT 8 is out now ; you should use PT 8 from now on ! 

Regards, ML

Ok thanks Martin

My OS is w10

So i try to use PT v8

I installed PT v8

But the problem still exists !

look at joined captures

I don't know how to diagnose this issue !!

it does NOT work for me either; I guess, they still did not fix it;  I send report to PT people to fix this. thanks for pointing out.

Regards, ML

Hello,

it used to be that the only PT router you could add another L3 interface to was the 4331. You need to add a GLC-T to the empty slot in the lower right corner (there are four empty slots). I have attached a file with two 4331 routers, each with an additional interface.

If you need more, I think your only option is to use a 3650 and make the ports 'no switchport' ports...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card