Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding switch in to production network and isolate traffic on switch

svaishya20
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have to add a switch in production network through  VTP domain. I need to seprate the traffic from each clients.

So scenario is like this -

I have to connect two server on this switch and other ports on this switch is  connected to client end.

So  my concern is what we need to do when we are adding a new switch in  network and second how can we seprate the traffic for each client so  that they can not access each other traffic.

Thanks

Saurabh

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Duplicate post

CSCO11508096
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Configure the Switch interface connected to Server as a promiscous port.

And rest of the ports that are connected to client as a isolate port.

Promiscuous port communicates with all other PVLAN ports. The promiscuous port is the port that you typically use to communicate with external routers, LocalDirectors, network management devices, backup servers, administrative workstations, and other devices. On some switches, the port to the route module

An isolated port has complete Layer 2 separation from other ports within the same PVLAN. This separation includes broadcasts, and the only exception is the promiscuous port. A privacy grant at the Layer 2 level occurs with the block of outgoing traffic to all isolated ports. Traffic that comes from an isolated port forwards to all promiscuous ports only.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card