Replies

aironet 1140 access point / 1941 router question

steve
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have:

- 1941 (not wireless) router

- 1140 Access Point

It looks like I got the controller-based AP instead of the standalone.  My question is, does the 1941 (not 1941W) have a wireless controller?  If not, is there a controller module that I can add to my router?  Or should I return the AP I have for the standalone version (or the 1941 for the 1941W)?

Thanks in advance for any advice / assistance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is not a controller that can go into the 1941. The controllers are pretty expensive so you probably do not want to go that route anyway. Before sending the AP back, open a TAC case and see if you can convert it to a standalone. Some AP's support this, but I'm not sure about the 1140 series.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is not a controller that can go into the 1941. The controllers are pretty expensive so you probably do not want to go that route anyway. Before sending the AP back, open a TAC case and see if you can convert it to a standalone. Some AP's support this, but I'm not sure about the 1140 series.

Hope it helps.

Collin,

Thanks very much for the quick reply.  It looks like you can use a standalone as a lightweight, but not vice versa... Guess I'll have to replace it.

Upon further review, it looks like you can switch from lightweight to autonomous:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12887

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card