Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allowing vpn connection out to extranet

Hello

I'm hoping someone can offer some good advice to this problem I'm having. We have a cisco 2800 router and are now required to allow users to be able to connect to another company's extranet. Having tried this it wont allow this connection so I have added this to the access-list 101

access-list 101 remark SDM_ACL Category=0

access-list 101 permit ip any host 192.168.0.246

access-list 101 permit ip any host 192.168.0.247

access-list 101 permit ip any host 192.168.0.47

access-list 101 permit tcp any any eq 1723

access-list 101 permit gre any any

I dont think the gre is being allowed back in. I have attached a cut down copy of the config to see if anyone can assist. I have just general experience of cisco routers and not cisco qualified. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't see any crytpo configuration anywhere. You need crypto configuration for an IPSec VPN.

Please refer to this document to get you started:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080194650.shtml

Regards,

Edison

Thanks for your reply Edison its much appreciated I am attaching the full config file as I had chopped it down. If you get chance to have a look I would like to hear your opinion on the full config. Or if You can advise me how to troubleshoot where the VPN traffic is getting stopped and how I might be able to resolve this issue. Manky thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card