Announcing multiple ASN on one BGP peer

tojo2002
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Info:
Hardware: ASR-9901-RP
Version: 7.1.3

We are an open fibre provider with several white-label ISPs. The problem or rather question we are facing right now is the following.
As we only have one border connection to internet at the moment and each of our white-label ISP have an ASN(3 different to be exact) is it possible to announce all three of these through one BGP-peer?
As we primarily are using Huawei on other locations and it is the first time we have come across this specific scenario I thought it'd be best to ask around here. 

Have been looking into local-as and is wondering if that would be a type of solution.

If you're not interested in solving my problems for me i would happily recieve pointers for me to investigate further.

Thank you in advance!

15 Replies 15

hichamfolk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello tojo2002

If I understand well, you want to peer with 3 ISP but you have only one physical fiber with only one ISP.

So try to establish a first bgp peering with the one you're physically connected with, then you will be able to reach public IPs and then use GRE tunnels to connect with the two others and establish two bgp sessions. At the end you will have three bgp sessions (using your real AS). 

Please to like if it helps

Hicham

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card