Views
Helpful
Replies

ARP entry

salemmahara
Level 3
Level 3

Hi everybody,

We have a couple of ISR 4431, connected to a layer 2 network(L2 Switch). There are also other routers connected to this switch. HSRP is run on both inside and outside interface of these routers( LAN on both side ) . The problem is that this routers have problems for connecting to 2 of other routers! When I checked the ARP table, I found ARP entry for those routers is INCOMPLETE. So, I added them statically. Before that, although ACL matches were counted, we had connection issues(Traffic was matching with input ACL which meant replies were coming but user couldn't access services!).

Note: These routers can answer all requests from inside interface without ARP problem. But next hops on outside interfaces need to be added manually. 

So have you be in such situation?  

2 Replies 2

curdubanbogdan
Level 1
Level 1

If you have hsrp, you would need only the virtual ip of hsrp virtual router (containing the 2 rtr). Please check the hsrp outside configuration and post it here.

lucasfreitas83
Level 1
Level 1

Hello salemmahara,

Please, share HSRP configuration of both routers and the output of commands:

show ip standby brief

show standby arp gratuitous

show standby neighbors

Please rate and mark posts accordingly if you have found any of the information provided useful.
It will hopefully assist others with similar issues in the future.

Best regards,
Lucas Freitas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card