Views
Helpful
Replies

asr1004 for nat

julxu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have ASR1004, and it will be border router, I want put nat for subnet 10.0.0.0/12 on it, current the box has only one link to it has no big load. if I add nat on, please advice, does it possible cause load problem? or other problems?

Another basic question, just want confirm, I want nat 10.0.0.0/12 to one ip address, is it ok? and the 10.0.0.0/12 will includes subnets 10.0.?.0/24, if so, how can I trace all the histories, just log to local server? please advice.    

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Julxu           

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The performance is based on the ESP. ESP 2.5 is the lowest can give you 2.5 Gbps NAT throughput.

You can config NAT /12 to one IP. As long as you don't have 60k concurrent sessions, it will be fine.

HTH,
Lei Tian

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

Hi Julxu,

The NAT throughput is 20G for ESP20. Yes, if you have more sessions, you need more IP.

HTH,

Lei Tian

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The performance is based on the ESP. ESP 2.5 is the lowest can give you 2.5 Gbps NAT throughput.

You can config NAT /12 to one IP. As long as you don't have 60k concurrent sessions, it will be fine.

HTH,
Lei Tian

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Lei

Thanks for reply.

I have module AS1000-ESP20, and ios version 15.3(3)S, I guess it is ok.

you said, I can nat subnet /12  to one ip, as long as concurrent sessions less than 60K. can I understand it as if I have more than that amount, I still can use nat, just give more than one ip address, am I right?

Please advice

Julxu

Hi Julxu,

The NAT throughput is 20G for ESP20. Yes, if you have more sessions, you need more IP.

HTH,

Lei Tian

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card