Views
Helpful
Replies

assistance requested to bring up pt-pt T1

jl1508246
Level 1
Level 1

Background:

I'm trying to bring up a pt-pt T1 and having a difficult time at it...

My problem is this - The service provider terminated location A's end of the pt-pt at a Smart Jack. At the Smart Jack, I use a straight through cat5 cable to patch into my router's WIC-1DSU-T1. And right there, at the WIC, I recieve an alarm on the WIC's "AL" LED. At location B, the service provider extended that end of the point to point to a demarc at a patch panel. I use a straight through cat5 cable to patch in the WIC-1DSU-T1 and again, I recieve an alarm on the WIC's "AL" LED. I'm using a 2621 at location A and a 1720 at location B. On either locations' router consoles, there is no indication of the physical serial interface going up, or line protocol going up.

I have called the service provider, they ran their tests to the NIU and say the line is ok. Also, they said that they can see the CSUs on either end. They think it's a problem with the customer provided equipment.

Therefore, I need help with clearing the alarm on the WIC, and then need to make sure that at least the bare bones router configurations are good. After that, I believe I can handle the subnetting and routing of our internal network traffic.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Are the two wics set to default configs. Set one end to clock source line and other end to clock source internal. Also verify esf, b8zs are indeed the settings on your router (these are defaults) and also with the service provider.

service-module t1 clock source line - on R1

service-module t1 clock source internal - on R2

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Are the two wics set to default configs. Set one end to clock source line and other end to clock source internal. Also verify esf, b8zs are indeed the settings on your router (these are defaults) and also with the service provider.

service-module t1 clock source line - on R1

service-module t1 clock source internal - on R2

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

The srvice-module t1 clock source config lines at R1 & R2 resovled my issue. Once that was added to the config, serial 0/0 up, line protocol up. I applied IPs and tested PING successfully at both ends.

Thanks very much for your assistance,

Joe

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card