cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth Management - Best Way

JohnTylerPearce
Level 7
Level 7

I need to rephrase this question. Let's say we have 100Mbps WAN link to the ISP, we have CustomerA

and then the rest of our Customers. We want CustomerA to have lower priority than everyone else over

the WAN links. What is the best way to configure this?

Here is a simple ntwork diagram.

CoreSwitch -----> Core Router -----> ISP

I would like to implement this at the link at the core router receiving traffic from the CoreSwitch.

Would the following work.

access-list CustomerA permit ip (CustomerA Networks)

access-list CustomerBZ (Everyone Else)

class-map CustomerA

match access-group CustomerA

class-map CustomerBZ

match access-group CustomerBZ

My problem is after this I'm not sure the best route to take. I don't want to nessarily rate-limit traffic, but just give all of our customers

higher priority over CustomerA.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can configured CBWFQ for class CustomerBZ to be 85% or more. This will guarantee the flows for that class and the remaining % will be allocated to class class-default which by process of elimination will be CustomerA.

Regards,

Edison

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can configured CBWFQ for class CustomerBZ to be 85% or more. This will guarantee the flows for that class and the remaining % will be allocated to class class-default which by process of elimination will be CustomerA.

Regards,

Edison

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card