Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth utilization

shahulhameed
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Friends

I have big problem in my Network. I have Ironport S170 for web proxy and ASA5585 for Firewall. Network we have 6500 as CORE and 3560 Access Switch. We have 50 MB internet for 350 users. We have Office 365 and One drive for users. All our servers are in cloud. Last two I have problem with my internet. The users are complaining it is too slow even they cant send any mails in outlook. When I check in cacti the utilization is 50 MBPS.I doubt in cloud and checked the VPN for that but it is ok. The problem starts once the users come to office and normal after users leaving the office. when I check in WSA the users utilization normal. But have problem the internet.

Please advise what is the best tool to find out the user who is consuming more bandwidth?

Is there any free application available ?

Thanks and Regards,

Shahul Hameed.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Please advise what is the best tool to find out the user who is consuming more bandwidth?

Netflow.

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

IP accounting might be another option.

I tried with ip accounting on outside router but couldnt find the user.Because it is showing nat IP.

Is there any step step sample for the same?

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Unfortunately, IP accounting isn't as "nice" as NetFlow.  No other interfaces (i.e. on different devices), along the path, that you can enable IP account on?

Hi Joseph

How do I use Netflow ? When I check in internet they are telling we have to use some LMS like solarwinds.

Can you give sample please?

Disclaimer

Liability Disclaimer

Posting

Yes, to obtain maximum benefit from Netflow, you direct Netflow records to some external "collector" and then you use another package to analyze them.

However, you can see some basic Netflow status by using the show command for Netflow cache.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card