cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwith on internet network

stephtchoko
Level 3
Level 3

I have a problem.I 'm working in ISP network.Sometimes my clients disaprouv the bandwith which is reserved, the client doesn't use all his bandwith and he uses some application on internet to mesure their bandwith in internet.

Please, can somebody help to convain my client of their bandwith; with a particular tool or method ?

Best regards.

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

If hes using some external servers to check the speed or the throughput then it depends on several parameters like

1.The load on the particular server

2.The internet bandwidth being assigned to that server

3.Congestion in the remote end network.

The best thing to find out the lastmile b/w reservation (thats between the SP point and the customer end) is to have a FTP server at the SP point and do a big file download and upload from the customer site.

Also you can try out simulataneous FTP sessions from the customer site to the SP end.

Do remember that this is being carried out without any traffic being pumped from the customer lan except the FTP traffic.

Again if they are interested about the b/w being assigned to them to internetwork they can try downloading simultaneously from different sites at different time period.

This can give some fair idea about the last mile bandwidth reservation as well as the approx amount of guranteed b/w to get them connected to the internetworld.

regds

ok, i will make a test and send you a feed back.

What do you think about the site web bandwith test ?

Best regards.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card