Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Batch Hostname Change?

Hello,

I recently had the requirement to change more than 200 Cisco NCS 5000 Series' hostnames. I tought in creating and execute some kind of script in order to complete this task within the minimum amount of time as possible.

Can this be achieved? Can 200 Cisco NCS 5000 routers' hostname be modified using a script?

Please let me know your comments. Many thanks in advance,

Ruben D. Colmenares

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm unfamiliar with the NCS 5000.  If they have CLI access, and if hostname can be set via CLI, then yes, you might use a script.

Or, if the device configs can be updated via SNMP, or one of the newer config access protocols, answer should be yes again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi Ruben,

One way if you have a NCM (Network Configuration Manager) tool, otherwise it should be completed manually. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm unfamiliar with the NCS 5000.  If they have CLI access, and if hostname can be set via CLI, then yes, you might use a script.

Or, if the device configs can be updated via SNMP, or one of the newer config access protocols, answer should be yes again.

a.alekseev
Level 7
Level 7

python + paramiko

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: