Views
Helpful
Replies

Bin files for Cisco 7940/7945 phones

morcomben
Level 1
Level 1

Hey team,

so I’m pretty new and I just built a home lab, 2x 2811, 2x 2960, 2x 3560, 2x 1841, and an ASA 5505.  The issue on having is the Voip phones fully configuring.  The phones will boot and it will pull the right default gateway and it will show an IP from the DHCP pool on the phone, but it would just constantly say configuring IP. Someone told me that I need bin files for the phone to finish registering. I’m just not sure if those files are even supported anymore or where to even get them any help would be much appreciated.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Depending on the IOS version on your router, it should be something like cme-124-24T.zip.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What phone system are you planning to use, Cisco UCM or third-party?

I was tracking that Call manager express works on a 2811.  I’m just trying to do internal calling at the moment

If you download the full CME install file, that normally has the phone firmware images for the supported phones. That may be a little challenging for a 2811 since it is end of support.

That is the issue I have been running into since I went with a lower initial cost for my home lab.  I found a internet archive site that has iOS files, do you know what a CME install file naming architecture would look like by chance?

Depending on the IOS version on your router, it should be something like cme-124-24T.zip.

I’ll try that thanks sir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco