Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C1100 series ISR router rack mount kit?

Our current CPE router of choice is the C1111-8P & C1111-4P (and variants depending on the requirements).  These are supplied with a rack-mount kit which is relatively easy to assemble although you do end up with lots of spare screws.

The guide on CCO shows how to assemble the kit, however it fails to mention anything about mounting the external PSU.  Based on the design of the rack-mount kit and the various Velcro straps and different length cable ties I 'assumed' the PSU is designed to go into the left-hand side of the rack-mount kit with the mains power to the rear and the DC power cable out of the front and then strapped in with the cable ties or Velcro straps?

I have searched and simply cannot find a guide for this anywhere.  I 'think' I have done it correct, however the Velcro straps aren't perfect for holding the PSU in place as there aren't exact holes in the rack-mount frame - its more of a best effort attempt that looks OK and works, however I would have thought Cisco would have a definitive guide for this and I just can't find one.  This is the only guide I can find:

C1100 hardware install guide

Any pointers?

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Andrew,

looking at the image of the rack mount kit in  the hardware guide doc you have provided

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/i/300001-400000/360001-370000/366001-367000/366947.jpg

I think you did your best and putting the external PSU over the left part of rack mounting kit is the only option available (unless adding a plane to the rack just below the position where you have mounted the ISR that would use space on the rack)

As you have noted there is no mention on how to mount the external PSU also in the chapter about FRU.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/1100/hardware/installation/guide/b-cisco-1100-series-hig/c1100_install_upgrade_internal_modules_and_frus.html

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card