cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C8300-2N2S-4T2X LEDs

BDATWOOD
Level 1
Level 1

Looking to get clear and concise descriptions of the LEDs. The Hardware Installation Guide does not clearly state, (or I haven't seen it), where the LEDs are and the color(s) and Descriptions of them. For example, in Table 6 it lists USB CON, but no where does it show where that particular LED is located. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @BDATWOOD ,

I agree with you, the documentation isn't that specific regarding different LED's on the Cisco 8300 series routers.

For your specific question, the USB console LED is located right under the USB connector, in the middle of the light blue colour band painted under the console port.

Hope this helps.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

View solution in original post

Well, the 8300 has a console RJ45 port with 2 LED's - left LED is green when RJ45 console is in use, otherwise is off.

The rest of the LED's - top left corner of the front of the router are (from left to right) - power, status, fan.

Regards, LG

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @BDATWOOD ,

I agree with you, the documentation isn't that specific regarding different LED's on the Cisco 8300 series routers.

For your specific question, the USB console LED is located right under the USB connector, in the middle of the light blue colour band painted under the console port.

Hope this helps.

Regards, LG

Thank you for that information. Now if only I can get the rest of the LEDs located. 

Well, the 8300 has a console RJ45 port with 2 LED's - left LED is green when RJ45 console is in use, otherwise is off.

The rest of the LED's - top left corner of the front of the router are (from left to right) - power, status, fan.

Regards, LG
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card