cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a Cisco 890 router became a web cache machine?

Hi masters,

Forgive me. I want to ask do a cisco 890 router eager to became a web cache machine? And if that yes where can I look for the reference?

Forgive me for my basic question.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is not clear to me exactly what you mean when you ask about web cache machine. Do you mean a machine that will receive web requests from clients, will search through a cache that it maintains for that information, if it does not find that information in cache it will forward the request to the Internet, and when the response is received will add that information to its cahe? If that is what you mean then I believe that the 890 does not support this function.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is not clear to me exactly what you mean when you ask about web cache machine. Do you mean a machine that will receive web requests from clients, will search through a cache that it maintains for that information, if it does not find that information in cache it will forward the request to the Internet, and when the response is received will add that information to its cahe? If that is what you mean then I believe that the 890 does not support this function.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Yes, yes that is what I mean for 'web cache machine'. Well 890 doesn't support it. Thanks anyway for the information.

Regards,

Totz

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card