cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I connect two public IP addresses to one router and use them?

FDSAFS
Level 1
Level 1

캡처.PNG

Our company’s network configuration is as shown above.

I would like to create this as shown below. (No load balancing or fault handling tasks will be performed.)

캡처.PNG

If possible, please explain the technical feasibility and necessary equipment.

(Although it is said to be possible with VLAN, I have not found any specific examples.)

1 Reply 1

Hello
Knowledge of your current network topology is limited but based on the information you have provided, Yes it is possible, Although it sounds like the upstream ISP would be advertising both public ranges originating from the same DSLAM so a  wan single point of failure will exist

As for your local egress wan traffic -  You could policy route/nat between those two public addresses that your UTM will have based on the source addressing of your internal subnet(s) / host(s) if that is the UTM supports such feature(s)

Can you elaborate on what RTR you are/will be using, current routing design ( dynamic, static routing)  number of hosts/services you need to support.....etc.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card