Helpful
Replies

Can not ping source bdi interface

Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have 4331 router 

IOSXE 17.9.4.a version

I configured my 4331 ISR with Bridge domain and configured at 2 physical interface that bdi interface

but when I finished the configure and try to ping with gateway

I cannot ping via bdi interface to gateway, pc

the gateway IP has arista's switch

and also direct linking same network pc 

gateway (10.97.6.97/28), pc (10.97.6.105/28)

this is my configure please check what is wrong

p.s. both link was up

gateway - Isr 4331 physical and bdi interface up

=====================config=====================

vtp version 1

bridge-domain 269

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
no ip address
negotiation auto
service instance 269 ethernet
encapsulation dot1q 269
rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
l2protocol peer stp
bridge-domain 269
!
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1
no ip address
media-type rj45
negotiation auto
spanning-tree cost 10000
service instance 269 ethernet
encapsulation dot1q 269
rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
l2protocol peer stp
bridge-domain 269
!

interface BDI269
ip address 10.92.6.107 255.255.255.240
h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 10.92.6.107

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.97.6.97

==============config end ====================

6 Replies 6

Did you try Ping use source IP?

MHM

Thanks for reply

Yes I tried source ping

show ip interface breif 

Show arp 

Share this if you can 

MHM

I can share it after 12hour later ..

how think about above configuration?

you looks have some problem?

sebt11tools
Level 1
Level 1

Here are some potential troubleshooting steps to identify and resolve the problem:

1. Verify Bridge Domain Configuration: Double-check your bridge domain configuration to ensure that it is correctly configured on both physical interfaces and the BDI interface. Make sure that the bridge domain is associated with the correct interfaces.

2. Check VLAN Configuration: Ensure that the VLANs associated with the physical interfaces and the BDI interface are properly configured and match the VLAN settings on the Arista switch.

3. Verify IP Addressing: Confirm that the IP addresses assigned to the BDI interface, as well as the gateway and PC, are within the same subnet. In this case, all devices should be in the 10.97.6.96/28 subnet.

4. Review ARP Table: Check the ARP table on the Cisco router to see if it has the MAC address corresponding to the gateway's IP address. If not, there may be an ARP resolution issue.

5. Inspect Routing Configuration: Ensure that the router has a route to the gateway's subnet. You may need to configure a static route or ensure that a routing protocol (such as OSPF or BGP) is properly configured and advertising the subnet.

6. Verify Connectivity: Test connectivity between the router's physical interfaces and the gateway and PC separately to isolate the issue. Use tools like ping or traceroute to troubleshoot connectivity.

7. Check Interface Status: Verify that both the physical interfaces and the BDI interface are in an "up" state. If any interface is down, investigate the cause and resolve it.

8. Review Firewall or ACL Configuration: Check if there are any firewall rules or access control lists (ACLs) configured on the router that may be blocking the traffic.

9. Inspect Switch Configuration: Review the configuration on the Arista switch to ensure that it is correctly configured to communicate with the Cisco router and the devices connected to it.

10. Verify Layer 2 Connectivity: Ensure that there are no Layer 2 issues such as spanning tree problems or VLAN mismatches between the router and the switch.

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @5959 ,

You need to add the following to the BDI interface.

interface BDI269

encapsulation dot1q 269

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez