cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't remove traffic-shape group... A bug?

ciscodmin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2821 router with the following configuration of one of it's subinterfaces:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

interface GigabitEthernet0/0.50

description VLINK to NAS-7301

encapsulation dot1Q 50

ip address xxx.144.128.73 255.255.255.252

no ip proxy-arp

no snmp trap link-status

traffic-shape group 103 6000000 150000 150000 1000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I've got after some manipulations with 2801 described later:

Router#sh traffic-shape GigabitEthernet0/0.50

Router#sh traffic-shape

Router#sh traffic-shape statistics

Acc. Queue Packets Bytes Packets Bytes Shaping

I/F List Depth Delayed Delayed Active

Router#sh traffic-shape queue

Traffic queued in shaping queue on GigabitEthernet0/0.50

Traffic shape group: 103

Queueing strategy: weighted fair

Queueing Stats: 0/1000/64/13538 (size/max total/threshold/drops)

Conversations 0/102/128 (active/max active/max total)

Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max allocated)

Available Bandwidth 6000 kilobits/sec

The output of all 'sh traffic-shape ...' commands is empty except 'sh traffic-shape queue'!!

Well, may be redefining traffic shaping on this interface will help? No..It doesn't:

Router(config-subif)#no traffic-shape group 103

Router(config-subif)#traffic-shape group 103 6000000 150000 150000 1000

traffic-shape group cannot be configured when GTS has beenconfigured via Modular QoS CLI on Gi0/0.50

I can't get rid of GTS on subinterface! Doing 'no traffic-shape group 103' has no effect at all.

This problem occured after I tried to apply service-policy with CB shaping to this interface, already configured with GTS. This failed with message that it's prohibited to mix shaping with and without access-lists.

And now, when I try to apply service-policy I get this output:

Router(config-subif)#service-policy output policy_fromISP

mix of shaping with and without access lists prohibited

I can't neither remove nor change shaping on this subinterface. It's not clear if it even works properly.

IOS version is 12.4

How to remove this GTS?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 'not-so-gentle' method, would be remove subif, reload. As if it's a bug, is debatable, you're already in the murky waters of an unsupported configuration.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card