cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Ping To Server

Fangerino
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am currently stuck on pinging to server. my 1st floor & 2nd floor is able to ping server but not from 3rd floor onwards. I try using RIP routing but still does not help. Any help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

your 5,3,and 6th floor network addresses are different than 2nd floor. but your router configured with 2nd floor gateway IP and other networks are physically connected to same network. this is wrong way to configure. either you need to connect each floor to different router ports and configure each networks separately in router, or configure VLANs for each floor and configure sub interfaces in router respectively for each VLAN.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

your 5,3,and 6th floor network addresses are different than 2nd floor. but your router configured with 2nd floor gateway IP and other networks are physically connected to same network. this is wrong way to configure. either you need to connect each floor to different router ports and configure each networks separately in router, or configure VLANs for each floor and configure sub interfaces in router respectively for each VLAN.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Hi, Sry for the late reply. Do you mind showing me what i should have configured and done with the packet tracer i sent?. If not i have to go around googling again...

Hello,

what are the requirements ? What IP addressing scheme do you need/want to implement ? Post the instructions you are following...

Hi.
The existing setup of Zara is as follows:

• They have an office building in India, their HQ office, and the staff strength here is the highest with about 500 staff.
  • Total PCs recently bought to serve HQ needs
    • 400 desktop PCs and 100 notebooks
  • The following are the number of staff on each floor (Don't have to configure so much PC just 1 PC in each floor is sufficient)
    • 6th floor – HR Asia – 68 staff
    • 5th floor – Finance Asia - 68 staff
    • 4th floor – Marketing and Sales Asia – 134 staff
    • 3rd floor – Product Management Asia – 100 staff
    • 2nd floor – Product Research and Development Asia – 120 staff
    • 1st floor – Reception and meeting room – 10 staff

Zara’s requirements as follows:

1. They want an IP network to be created to interconnect all the departments at the HQ site. Appropriate VLSM was adopted, for the various departments.  The table of addresses are also given in the annex.

1. Zara wants to be able to take online sales orders and thus they require a web server accessible by their internal departments. This web server would house their company website, their range of retail products and a shopping cart. (Design of shopping cart is not necessary, but a simple web page should be created). DNS needs to be implemented.

1. Additional Security and Application features can be added in, such as

1. Password protection using administrative privileges
      2. Login and attempts protection
      3. SSH to access routers and switches
      4. Email, FTP services (optional)
      5. IPv6

I was planning to build a simple network diagram. That can ping to the server, access website with DNS instead of IP address

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card