Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1841 router not responding

net buzz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

I have a Cisco 1841 router equipped with a serial interface and an ISDN BRI interface installed.

The router has stopped suddenly responding and no display is beig obtained when trying to access the router through the console port.

I have check the router LEDs and they display the following:

• SYS PWR - It is showing solid green which means the router is receiving power, and the internal power supply is functional. Please note that it is not blinking green as is normally the case when the router is rebooted.

• SYS ACT - It is showing solid green. It should normally be blinking green showing that the system is actively transferring packets and monitoring internal activity.

• CF - It is showing solid green. It should normally be off indicating that the CompactFlash memory card is not being accessed or be blinking green showing that the CompactFlash memory card is being accessed.

I have even replaced the CompactFlash memory with another one and removed the two WICs installed but the router still fails to initialise properly and respond through the console terminal program.

Can you suggest how the router can be further troubleshooted or if it can be repaired?

Regards,

Alvin

1 Reply 1

Edison Ortiz
            Hall of Fame
            Hall of Fame

You need to open a TAC case.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card