Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1921 factory reset

arielpa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I bought Cisco 1921, but I don't know password to this router.

Reset button doesn't work and I can't go into rommon mode - ctrl+break, ctrl+c, special command -> break (in PuTTy) doesn't work also.

How can I restore factory settings or go into rommon mode?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your answer.

I couldn't go into rommon mode. I've read that it can be issue of my RS-232 cable or rs232 to usb converter. So I used another cable and another converter and DONE! It works. Router has new factory configuration.

Grettings.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Use correct procedure : https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help/reset-router#:~:text=Press%20and%20hold%20the%20Reset,the%20router%20is%20finished%20booting.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks for your answer.

I couldn't go into rommon mode. I've read that it can be issue of my RS-232 cable or rs232 to usb converter. So I used another cable and another converter and DONE! It works. Router has new factory configuration.

Grettings.

Thanks for sharing your experience and how you solved your problem. This may be helpful to some other user who has the same issue.

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card