cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2851 boot issuse

Andrew Bailey
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 2851 that is not booting correctly. It was working fine in one evironment and I removed it and reloaded it and went into rommon to get by the password and clear the config by setting config register to 0x2142. Thats all I did since it was last working fine.

Now, when I boot it up, I immediatly see a bunch of:

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

And that is all I see. I left it over night and it was still incrementing them and did not boot IOS or rommon. The System power light is blinking  green rapidly. I have tried pressing the break key and can't get into rommon.

What is wrong and what can I do to fix it? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SunilKhanna
Level 1
Level 1

Check the baud rate

Regards,

Sunil

Pls rate the post if you find the content useful.

Regards, Sunil Khanna

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

SunilKhanna
Level 1
Level 1

Check the baud rate

Regards,

Sunil

Pls rate the post if you find the content useful.

Regards, Sunil Khanna

That was it... I must have typoed the config register because it should have been 9600....

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card