Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2900 seck9 license status right to use

abideen.shaikh
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

I have cisco2921 router with seck9 license type Right to use. What does it mean i am running DMVPN tunnels will it convert to permanent or will stop working?

Index: 8 Feature: securityk9 Version: 1.0
License Type: RightToUse
License State: Active, In Use
License Count: Non-Counted
License Priority: Low
Store Index: 0
Store Name: Built-In License Storage

I have another router CISCO2921/K9 with Evalright to use seck9 license they all they purchased under same contract will it convert to permanent or should i purchase the license only 5 weeks left in Eval period.

Index: 5 Feature: securityk9 Version: 1.0
License Type: EvalRightToUse
License State: Active, In Use
Evaluation total period: 8 weeks 4 days
Evaluation period left: 3 weeks 1 day
Period used: 5 weeks 2 days
Transition date: Jul 30 2022 15:31:30
License Count: Non-Counted
License Priority: Low
Store Index: 2
Store Name: Built-In License Storage

Could you please explain which license type needs attention need to audit all the routers in the environment?

Regards

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Evaluation period left: 3 weeks 1 day  - after that you entitled to purchase license since you finished evaluation and you legally bounded.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3650/software/release/3e/consolidated_guide/configuration_guide/b_consolidated_3650_3se_cg/b_consolidated_3650_3se_cg_chapter_01011011.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the response. 

I was expecting permanent status as my other routers have so what is the different in Right to USE and eval right to use?

Regards

Right-to-use (RTU) licensing allows you to order and activate a specific license type and level, and then to
manage license usage on your switch. The types of licenses available to order by duration are:
• Permanent licenses—Purchased with a specific feature set with no expiration date.
• Evaluation licenses—Pre-installed on the switch and is valid for only a 90 day in-use period

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card