Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2900 seck9 license status right to use

abideen.shaikh
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

I have cisco2921 router with seck9 license type Right to use. What does it mean i am running DMVPN tunnels will it convert to permanent or will stop working?

Index: 8 Feature: securityk9 Version: 1.0
License Type: RightToUse
License State: Active, In Use
License Count: Non-Counted
License Priority: Low
Store Index: 0
Store Name: Built-In License Storage

I have another router CISCO2921/K9 with Evalright to use seck9 license they all they purchased under same contract will it convert to permanent or should i purchase the license only 5 weeks left in Eval period.

Index: 5 Feature: securityk9 Version: 1.0
License Type: EvalRightToUse
License State: Active, In Use
Evaluation total period: 8 weeks 4 days
Evaluation period left: 3 weeks 1 day
Period used: 5 weeks 2 days
Transition date: Jul 30 2022 15:31:30
License Count: Non-Counted
License Priority: Low
Store Index: 2
Store Name: Built-In License Storage

Could you please explain which license type needs attention need to audit all the routers in the environment?

Regards

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Evaluation period left: 3 weeks 1 day  - after that you entitled to purchase license since you finished evaluation and you legally bounded.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3650/software/release/3e/consolidated_guide/configuration_guide/b_consolidated_3650_3se_cg/b_consolidated_3650_3se_cg_chapter_01011011.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the response. 

I was expecting permanent status as my other routers have so what is the different in Right to USE and eval right to use?

Regards

Right-to-use (RTU) licensing allows you to order and activate a specific license type and level, and then to
manage license usage on your switch. The types of licenses available to order by duration are:
• Permanent licenses—Purchased with a specific feature set with no expiration date.
• Evaluation licenses—Pre-installed on the switch and is valid for only a 90 day in-use period

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card