Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2901 CUBE Router and a 100Mbps SIP Trunk

Does anyone know if the 2901 router set up as a CUBE/voice gateway will work with a SIP trunk running at 100Mbps?

The connection is an ethernet handoff from fiber optic link to the ISP.

I am getting conflicting information from everyone I talk to about this.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

2901 will barely support 100 Mbps.  3925 would be your best option.

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I don't think that is an option.  When we purchased the router we were only going to have 10Mbps connection so that is what the reseller sent us.  We have decided to go to 100Mbps since then and I had already opened and racked up the router so I doubt they will let me return it.

If I am understanding AT&T correctly, there will be a separate connection for the SIP trunk going to the 2901 and another for the internet connection which should just go straight to the ASA5510.

If only the phone traffic would go through the 2901 I doubt it would ever amount to more than 5 or 10Mbps.  So I would think the router could easily handle that or is my logic skewed?

If only the phone traffic would go through the 2901 I doubt it would ever amount to more than 5 or 10Mbps.  So I would think the router could easily handle that or is my logic skewed?

Makes sense.  So you are handed a 100 Mbps interface but you only need about 10 Mbps.  Then a 2901 would be suffice.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card