cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2911 and NAT Configuration

hodgson.c
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 2911 router that I am trying to edit/add to the NAT Configuration through Cisco Configuration Professioanl.  The issue I am having is when I go there to edit an exisiting entry or add a new one none of the buttons are working.  I can click on them but nothing happens.

I am new to the whole configureing and working with a routre so any help would be great.

Thanks

Chris

3 Replies 3

AhmedSonba
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Chris,

I will be rather hard to troubleshoot the Cisco Configuration Professional issue for us , but describe what you want to achieve and we can help you and show how to do it with the command line , You will fine it rather easy.

for starters please find more information about how to do NAT on with the Command Line below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094e77.shtml

Hope it will help

Ahmed Sonba

What I want to achieve is to change the route my users use when they come into the term server.  Right now there is a NAT record that looks like the following

Oringinal Address 192.168.1.28(3390) Translated Address 204.101.189.196(3390)

I need to change that Original Addres to the new term server so that users connect to it instead of the old server.

I hope that make sence, if you need any more information I can provide it.

Thanks

Hello Chris,

I will write an example of how to do the required NAT Transultation

First Access List for the port number 3390

access-list 100 permit udp 10.1.31.10 "your Original Addres"  host  204.101.189.196 eq 3390

Than it comes to the NAT commands

ip nat inside source list 100 interface " your out side nat interface" , EX fastethernet 0/1 "  overload

and at the end the

ip nat outside

on the interface with the WAN connection

and the

ip nat inside

on the interface with the LAN connection

please refer to the following link for more information about NAT

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/technologies/tk648/tk361/tk438/technologies_white_paper09186a0080091cb9.html

Hope it will help

Ahmed Sonba

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card