cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3850 Policy-map Problems

Vinodh KC
Level 1
Level 1

%PLATFORM_PBR-3-UNSUPPORTED_RMAP: Route-map "XXX " has unsupported options for Policy-Based Routing. It has been removed from interface, if applied.

Hi All , 

Need your advice to fix the error given above on my new device -3850

My site has Legacy setup with Guest Tunnel on the Core switch to the Hub and I'm working on upgrade from 6500 to 3850

while trying to add the original config route-map , however getting an error also the policy-map line completely removed from the interface 

will below configuration helps the same legacy feature ?

==================================

interface VlanXX
description GUEST
ip address X.X.X.X 255.255.255.0

route-map "XXXX" permit 10
match ip address 111
set ip df 0
set ip next-hop X.X.X.X
set interface VlanXX

111 -ACL

===================================

9 Replies 9

Sergey Lisitsin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Vinodh KC,

Can you please clarify what your original route-map looks like. Also, if you are applying the route-map to an interface, then you don't need to specify the interface in the route-map itself, because the packet is already being processed by that interface. Otherwise the route-map wouldn't be invoked.

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the Response and below is the details 

Original config 

route-map guest permit 10
match ip address XXX
set ip df 0
set ip next-hop XXX

interface VlanXXX
description GUEST
ip address XXX 255.255.255.0
ip access-group XXX in
ip policy route-map guest

Thanks for the clarification. It makes clear that the config is implementing Policy Based Routing by assigning the route map to the interface. I am guessing that on the 3850 it does not support set ip df 0, which appears in your original config. Try removing that command from your route map and see if you then can be successful in applying the route map to the interface.

If this does allow the route map to be applied (and for PBR to be implemented) then you will have to assess the significance of not having ip df 0 applied. We do not know enough about your environment to advise you about whether Don't Fragment is significant or not.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the suggestion , however that is not helps 

Feb 11 19:59:32.263: %PLATFORM_PBR-3-UNSUPPORTED_RMAP: Route-map guest has unsupported options for Policy-Based Routing. It has been removed from interface, if applied.

Sorry that my suggestion did not help. Can you post the output as you configure the route map, assign the route map to the interface, and the error message it generates.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Richard, 

Below are the details , 

route-map guest permit 10
match ip address XXX
set ip next-hop XXX

interface VlanXXX

%PLATFORM_PBR-3-UNSUPPORTED_RMAP: Route-map guest has unsupported options for Policy-Based Routing. It has been removed from interface, if applied.

On a side note, I think if you enable fast switched policy routing, you have more options with PBR. Not sure if this works on SVIs on your 3850, but try to configure:

interface vlan x

ip route-cache policy

Thanks for the output that I requested. It does make clear what you are trying to implement. What version of code and what feature set are on this 3850?

Here is a link which seems to indicate that what you are attempting should work.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/iproute_pi/configuration/xe-3e/iri-xe-3e-book/iri-pbr.pdf

If your 3850 meets the minimum code and feature set mentioned in the documentation then I suggest that you may want to open a case with Cisco TAC.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hello

Another possible reason is that your running the wrong sdm template -Can you post the following:
show sdm prefer

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card