Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7206VXR sub-modules

nileshrathi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We currently have a Cisco 7206VXR router. It had three RJ45/SFP ports and all are currently being used. Would anybody know if there is a possibility to add a submodule that can add another gig port to it ?

Regards,

Nilesh

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use an ethernet switch for best results.

Hi Nilesh,

If you have a free slot on the Cisco 7206 VXR device then you can try adding a PA-GE module which will give you the GiG port that you are looking out for.

***********Plz do rate this post if you found it helpful*************************

Thanks & Regards,

Vignesh R P

Vignesh Rajendran Praveen wrote:

Hi Nilesh,

If you have a free slot on the Cisco 7206 VXR device then you can try adding a PA-GE module which will give you the GiG port that you are looking out for.

But will not give decent performance, like the on-board interfaces do.

Hi Nilesh,

But I have not heard that complaint from any of my customers though :-) They seem to be happy with its performance. But still the choice is yours.

Thanks & Regards,

Vignesh R P

But I have not heard that complaint from any of my customers though :-) They seem to be happy with its performance. But still the choice is yours.

I worked at Cisco San Jose, at the time PA-GE was introduced, and did a performance report. About 250 Mbps/sec bidirectional with NPE-400. How you advice your customes, the choice is yours.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: