Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7206VXR sub-modules

nileshrathi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We currently have a Cisco 7206VXR router. It had three RJ45/SFP ports and all are currently being used. Would anybody know if there is a possibility to add a submodule that can add another gig port to it ?

Regards,

Nilesh

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use an ethernet switch for best results.

Hi Nilesh,

If you have a free slot on the Cisco 7206 VXR device then you can try adding a PA-GE module which will give you the GiG port that you are looking out for.

***********Plz do rate this post if you found it helpful*************************

Thanks & Regards,

Vignesh R P

Vignesh Rajendran Praveen wrote:

Hi Nilesh,

If you have a free slot on the Cisco 7206 VXR device then you can try adding a PA-GE module which will give you the GiG port that you are looking out for.

But will not give decent performance, like the on-board interfaces do.

Hi Nilesh,

But I have not heard that complaint from any of my customers though :-) They seem to be happy with its performance. But still the choice is yours.

Thanks & Regards,

Vignesh R P

But I have not heard that complaint from any of my customers though :-) They seem to be happy with its performance. But still the choice is yours.

I worked at Cisco San Jose, at the time PA-GE was introduced, and did a performance report. About 250 Mbps/sec bidirectional with NPE-400. How you advice your customes, the choice is yours.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card