cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7600 TDM cross-connect question

jordan.bean
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to find a single device that can both handle Q-in-Q VLAN trunk termination and also TDM cross connects between DS0's on a multi-channel T1 card and DS0's on a multi-channel DS-3 card.  I'm looking at a Cisco 7606-S with SUP720's.  If I install a 7600-SIP-200 or 7600-SIP-400 with both a

SPA-2XCT3/DS0 (channelized T3 card) and a SPA-8XCHT1/E1 (channelized T1 card) will I be able to TDM cross connect the DS0's between the cards?  Is there a limit on the number of TDM cross connects? 

Also, I noticed the CMM cards are EOL.  Ideally we'd like to terminate PRI's into the 7606 and run H.323.  We'd like to pass voice calls to CUCM and TDM switch FAX calls (via H.323 dial-peer) to a given CAS DS0 on the SPA-2XCT3/DS0.  Is this doable with any of the current cards?  If not, then we'll stick to the configuration in the first paragraph and only have the 7606 handle the TDM cross connects.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 7600 does not support TDM cross-connect.

There is not Cisco product supporting cross-connect between T3 and T1. You will have to use an external Mux for that.

Great, thanks.  One more question:

If we use the SPA-2XCT3/DS0 to terminate a channelized DS-3, can we take a specific T1 on the channelized DS-3 and use 23 channels for data (using ds0-group) and then create a CAS channel (using tdm-group) for the last channel so that we can then terminate a PRI into this box and use an H.323 dial-peer to TDM switch a voice call to that CAS DS0?  On the customer side we'd use an IAD2431 to break out that CAS channel to a 66 block and terminate the remaining 23 channels for data.  Would there be any TDM limitations if this is possible?

No. As mentioned before, you need to use external Mux for TDM.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below, even whe they don't carry the answer you hoped for.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card