cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 837 ( Access Problem )

rmujeeb81
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 837 Router. When I boot it then at console I recive following messages

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Failed to change line 1's speed

SETUP: new interface FastEthernet1 placed in "shutdown" state

SETUP: new interface FastEthernet2 placed in "shutdown" state

SETUP: new interface FastEthernet3 placed in "shutdown" state

SETUP: new interface FastEthernet4 placed in "shutdown" state

SETUP: new interface FastEthernet1 placed in "up" state

SETUP: new interface FastEthernet2 placed in "up" state

SETUP: new interface FastEthernet3 placed in "up" state

SETUP: new interface FastEthernet4 placed in "up" state

Press RETURN to get started!

XB" XB" HBBþHBBþHBbúHBb HBB HBb XB" XBúXB XBBêXB"üXB [BBë[BBè[B [B [BBâ

KBBêKB" [BB [BBú[BB [Bb [Bb @BBë RBB RBb RBb RBb RBB RBB SBBéSB SBBêSB SBÚ

SBBê hÎæhÎÞhÎæhÎöhÎÎhÎúhÎú çB ÎþÎÆÎþÎÆÎÊÎÊçBüÎÚ ÷Îî÷Îâ÷ÎâçBú÷ÎÆ÷Îþ yÎÎy

So problem is that I am not able to access Router via Console or by default IP address i.e 10.10.10.1 /24

Regards,

Mujeeb

4 Replies 4

globalnettech
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Mujeeb,

try to boot into ROMMON (reboot the router and press Ctrl+Break within a few seconds after the router powers back up), then use ´confreg´ to configure the speed of the console (you will go through a few prompts, accept the defaults until you get to ´change console baud rate´.

HTH,

GNT

Hello GNT,

I have already tried this but no success.As I mentioned that I can see booting of Router and change of ethernet interface to UP means Router respond at default baud rate 9600. When I change baud rate then same condition occurs i.e after booting console shows Garbage and give no access.

Regards,

Mujeeb

answanso
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Mujeeb,

It looks like you have a baud rate mis-match on the console. May be higher or lower then expected. I would try all the different bauds on the terminal emulation program until u find one that makes the output look normal. I am guessing this is the issue from: "Failed to change line 1's speed" and the ascii characters. This can be changed in the config register once you find the current baud rate and can config the device. I would set it to 0x2102 if it is not already.

HTH

Anthony

Hello Anthony,

Great, its working at 115200 baud rate.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Mujeeb

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: