Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9200 static route limit

bipin-bhattarai
Level 1
Level 1

HI All, 

Do anyone has any idea how many static route Cisco 9200 supports with Network Essential license or do i have to go for Network Advantage license?

Is there any limitations of number of static route as Cisco 3900 series had? 

Thanks in Advance

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as per my understanding there is no hardcoded limit, as long as you have enough nvram you good..keep watching nvram utlisaion.

If you have so many static routes, its hard to manage, suggest to move to dynamic routing protocol if possible, so it is easy to manage and you have control on them dynamically.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I couldn't find any documentation or on any release notes of not hardcore limit on static route so that made me skeptic about the limit. 

Thanks

There is no information available as per i know in Cisco site, its pure how you have hands on experience, i did some 500+ acls on Cisco 3750X i did not see any issue. same like 9200 is new gear should be able to handle enough static routes.

just to understand how many static routes we are talking here ?

BB

Well, 3750 had hardcore limit of 15 static routes, i am expecting at bit more than that as 9200L can be L2 or L3 depending upon license so i m concerned if 9200 has same limit as 3750 for static routes. 

- Static routing (16 routes) with LAN Base feature set.

here is the SDM template to understand :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/12-2_58_se/configuration/guide/3750xscg/swsdm.html

BB

I am more interested in 9200 series switches and the static route limit in it. I need to be sure before i purchase this model. 

Thanks

None of the data sheets show it just say they support it unless someone has specifically tested the amount , you could ask your distributor before you buy tell him you cant unless you know they could raise it with Cisco presales or contact your Cisco Acc manager if you have one they could find out too
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card