cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9300 to FortiSwitch224e

chueymtz
Level 1
Level 1

I am testing FortiSwitches on our network, I have a 224e that I am trying to trunk directly to an ethernet port on my cisco 9300. I have trunked the port on my cisco port 36 

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/36
description Uplink to Forti
switchport trunk allowed vlan 100,200,300,400,500
switchport mode trunk
spanning-tree portfast

I have this going to the FortiSwitch plugged in port 1 that we have also trunked, the issue is that as soon as I trunk the port on my Cisco, I lose access to my forti because it is unable to get an ip address, I tried setting a static ip on the port for the forti but I still am unable to get online. The address that is supposed to be assigned to the forti port one is 10.76.x.198/24 which is what the Vlan100 traffic uses. Any suggestions? Did I not correctly trunk my Cisco? Anything I plug into port 36 on the cisco is unable to pickup an ip. Thanks. I have a ticket open with FortiSwitch but they are blaming it on my Cisco.

3 Replies 3

Share show interface status 

I think the port is errdisable 

MHM

Hello 

this could be a spanning tree problem. Try to enable rpvst on the Fortigate (set rpvst port enable or something similar is the command on the Fortigate), and globally enable rpvst om the Cisco.

That didn’t work. Not sure if that’s the issue if I put in a dummy switch to that port I can’t get internet either
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card