Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9904 Smart License

shouqatgee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am working on one of our Cisco 9904 and wanted to install VRF licnese on it which came with the box. I used the classic method to get the .lic file form the PAK code. but when logged onto the device, it only supports smart licensing. is there any way i could install classic license on it?

thanks 

2 Replies 2

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I didn't worked on this model but you can find a command: "

license smart enable

If this is enabled then try to disable and use the license. Otherwise, go on your smart account portal and convert license from .pak to smart license and generate a token.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your reply. I have requested for my smart license account and still waiting. There are 2 issues;

1- I already used the .pak file to generate the license and got the .lic file and to use it again i will have to raise a TAC case and free the .pak file. was just trying to see if there is any option to use this .lic file and save some time. 

2- Ideally we don't want to use smart license feature and for this we will have to give internet access to that box or put some device in our network to reach Cisco cloud for licenses etc. so trying to avoid this as well.

Wish Cisco would make it easier to disable smart license and just use classic license method :( unless there is a way which i am trying to figure out :)

cheers

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card