Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5506 can reach ISP router, but not through SG220-50

Patrick Jonsson
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

I encountered a weird problem today with the SG220-50 switch.

Gi1 is configured as a trunk, allowing all VLANs. It is connected to Gi0/1 on a ASA 5506 with subinterfaces (Gi0/1.8 for Internet and Gi0/10 for the local office, among others). The ASA is default gateway for the internal networks "office" and "guest".

Gi5 is configured to be a member of VLAN 8. The ISP router is attached to this port.

Gi13-48 is configured to be a member of VLAN 10 (office).

The problem: Client traffic (VLAN 10) can reach the default gateway at Gi0/1.10 but not the Internet. Not even the ASA can reach the Internet (8.8.8.8 for example).

I then deleted Gi0/1.8 and configured Gi0/4 for with the public IP address instead and connected it to Gi6 on the SG220-50 and changed VLAN membership to VLAN 8 on that port aswell. Still no connection from the ASA to Internet. But when disconnecting the ASA and ISP router from the SG220-50 and connecting them to a separate unmanaged switch, then it worked just fine!

I also tried to replace just the ASA or the ISP router at the SG220-50 with a PC, configuring the PC with the IP of the ISP router or the ASA. Communication between worked fine in both cases.

I've attached an edited version of the running-config of the switch.

1 Reply 1

Router-support
Beginner
Beginner

Call 1-855-935-7526 US & Canada Toll-Free For Router Help & Support. 

Official help and support Number for Routers. Links to Router customer support and technical solutions, set-up, help, and answers to top issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers