Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS for PCoIP

gqadirmirza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone

We are going to implement the VDI access for our customers and i need to implement the QoS for PCoIP in the network. We are using VoIP in our system. So i am looking for the QoS configuration that i can configure for these services. I want to include the following services in the QoS

1- PCoIP (Vmware view traffic)

2-VoIP

3- Data 

And we have following network gears in the network

1-Cisco 3800/3900 Router

2-Cisco 3750X at core

3-Cisco 2960S at access layer

I am confused where to start. do i need to do the configuration on all of these devices individually. Please help.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Hello

Please see below for a possible QOS policy you could apply.

You dont state you CIR rate for your WAN connection  - However below I have calculated based on a 10MB circuit.

With VoIP is already marked I am guessing by your voip phones, this example shows inital marking for PCoiP and Specifc data traffic incoming on your WAN routers lan facing interface.

Then CBWFQ applied on the wan facing interface

Note: If the specifc data traffic marking isnt applicable,- This could go into the class default class as best-effort traffic.

LAN Marking
--------------------

ip access-list  extended Mark_Specific_Data
permit ip  x,x,x,x y,y,y,y

ip access-list  extended Mark_PCoiP
permit  tcp any any eq 4172
permit  udp any any eq 4172

class-map  Specific_Data_Lan
match access-group name Mark_Specific_Data

class-map PCoiP_Lan
match access-group name Mark_PCoiP

Policy-map Lan-Markng
class Specific_Data_Lan
set  ip dscp af11 af12

Class PCoiP_Lan
set ip dscp af41

int x/x
description Lan facing interface
service-policy Input Lan-Markng

WAN
---------

class-map match-all VoIP
match ip dscp ef

class-map match-all Video
match ip dscp af41 af42

class-map match-any Call_Signalling
match ip dscp cs3
match ip dscp af31

class-map match-all Specific_Data
match ip dscp af11 af12

class-map match-all Routing
match ip dscp cs6

policy-map Wan_Child
class VoIP
priority percent 18

class Video
priority percent 15

class Call_Signalling
bandwidth percent 5

class Routing
bandwidth percent 3

class Specific_Data
bandwidth percent 34

class class-default
bandwidth percent 25
fair-queue

policy-map Wan_Parent
class class-default
shape average 10240000 160000
service-policy Wan_Child

int x/x
description WAN facing interface
service-policy output Wan_Parent

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Joseph/Paul 

Thank you for commenting on the post. Paul just for the clarity i have attached the network diagram of my network. We have two datacenters (DC1 and DC2) but right now the VCenter is created in only DC1 and the VMware connection server is in the DMZ and this server is accessible from inside and outside(vmware horizon view). We have 2 mpls connections (50Mbps) each at each datacenter. We have a bottlenet in our provider network (VIG) where all of our schools are terminating. Our schools have site-to-site vpn with the service provider mpls network. The bandwidth of the VIG is only 60Mbps for all the schools and creating the bottleneck for the internet as all the branch locations are going on internet through DC1 internet.

Anyway this is just a quick summary of the network. We don't have any video traffic right now in our network. So can you please tell how can i modify the above QoS configuration according to these WAN connection speed. Or do i need to do some additional steps. 

Thanks Again. I really appreciate your time and help.

Best Regards

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

"I am confused where to start."

Well, you would start and proceed much like you should have done with your QoS support for VoIP.

If you're still confused, then it might be best to see if you can obtain professional QoS consultation.

"do i need to do the configuration on all of these devices individually."

Maybe, maybe not.  Much depends on what you're trying to accomplish and what your real needs are.  For example, you might do nothing at all and find your PCoIP performs acceptably.  Or you might focus on key bottlenecks, such as WAN links, for additional QoS support.  Or, you might deploy a custom QoS to every device port.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card