cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA Static Routing 2020

WillieH81398
Level 1
Level 1

I've been searching around the community and found several older articles that match what I'm talking about but the answers don't seem to work with the newer ASA code.  Forgive my ignorance on this please as this is the first time I've ever done static routing with an ASA.

We have our inside network at 10.23.101.0/24

I have an inside static route for 10.1.10.0/24 pointing to 10.23.101.254.  I can ping 10.23.101.254 and if I put a static route on my workstation I can ping 10.1.10.6.

I've run the commands:

same-security-traffic permit inter-interface
same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

on the ASA but this isn't helping.  I've also re-created several NAT examples that I have found but it's not working.

The ASA is on version 9.8(2).

The ASA can successfully ping 10.1.10.6 but workstations pointing to the ASA as their default gateway can not.

Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thank you in advance!

4 Replies 4

Hello

@WillieH81398 wrote:

The ASA can successfully ping 10.1.10.6 but workstations pointing to the ASA as their default gateway can not

So users on 10.23.101.0/24 cannot reach users on 10.1.10.0/24 correct?  What interfaces on the ASA do these two subnets reside?
Be good if you could post the ASA configuration in a file and attach it to the post?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

All of the internal interfaces are in a bridge -- do the physical still make a difference?

Hello

Bridged interface inter-communication should still work, Do they have the same security level?

Can you post your configuration in a file and attach please

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not clear how ASA interfaces in a bridge work with multiple subnets and would like to see the config. But perhaps that is not the most important part of the questions here. The original post tells us that "I have an inside static route for 10.1.10.0/24 pointing to 10.23.101.254" So I would like to know more about the device at 10.23.101.254. 

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card