Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Async Interface

cheewai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am looking for a Async solution for the telco equipment Async interface to my Cisco router HWIC-4A/S module.

The connection will use WAN link as a transportation from remote Cisco router to HQ Cisco router without going though the ISDN line or modem.

When the remote Cisco Async interface (HWIC-4A/S) receive any traffic from the telco equipment, it will trigger a call to the HQ via the WAN link.

The telco equipment must have map the exactly from remote Async interface to the HQ Async interface.

Telco equipment ---  Cisco Async interface --- WAN ---- Cisco Async interface --- Telco equipment

My question is, how to implement it and can the following command able to trigger the PPP call from the remote router to the HQ router? Both remote and HQ router are connect to the telco Async interface by using HWIC-4A/S module.

Remote Router(config-if)#ip add 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0
Remote Router(config-if)#async mode interactive
Remote Router(config-if)#async default routing
Remote Router(config-if)#dialer in-band
Remote Router(config-if)#dialer map ip 10.0.1.1 name maui-nas-01

The remote router does not have any dialer string and trying to connect to HQ router Async interface module.
Will this works? Or it must have the dialer string ? Or any solution to suggest.

Thanks
Chee Wai
1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To use ISDN BRI, insert a WIC card in router, not async interface. The adapters are difficult to configure and never work good.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card